Early Ladder

pikkster

Early Ladder Guide

Wanted to share this in case it's helpful to anyone. I've tested it out 4 or 5 times and have found it pretty effective, although it requires some babysitting. Works well if you work from home and can check on it every now and then. I work from home, and generally check on it ever hour or so for the first few days, or until I hit a point of being able to do some solid runs.

The script attached gets you started, but you'll update it often to grab new armor/weapons and adjust skills.

Skills
Start out Light Sorc, charged bolt until lightning, then switch to Lightning all the way to 24, maximizing it's damage. It will melee until you level up. Then switch to whatever your preference is, I use Blizz for obvious reasons.

Items
Grab a decent damage dealer, when you run out of mana you will attack with your weapon. Once you get more mana, turn this off at line 294. If you prefer, just set the primary untimed skill to zero to attack melee more often, and update when you prefer to go full skills.

Upgrade as often as possible so you don't die and are more efficient with your time. :)

Level 1-15

• Run den to clear, then take out Raven for your (fire) merc. Grab a 3 socket bow, and gem her up. She does great damage early on. I personally keep rogue for insight, she does surprising damage with a decent insight bow. I switch to Emilio as I find better gear down the road.
  • Then just run countess to 15 or so. This gives you runes needed for Stealth and Ancients Pledge, while leveling pretty quick. I found this to be faster than trist runs, personally, with more item output.
Level 15
  • Take out Andy in person and move into Act 2. Don't bother with andy runs here, you won't do well.
  • Run the quest item scripts, I do Radamant, Maggot Lair, and Ancient tunnels. If you use my picket2 file, you'll have your quest items in stash after a play through or two. You'll also have Lost City WP to finish out quest items. Run through Arcane in person, hit the book, and grab your tombs WP. Having bot kill Summoner won't open the book, so you'll need to do that part in person. I've also found that the bot doesn't clear Arcane well on foot, so I wouldn't say it's worth running the script on that area.
  • Don't switch to tele until later in the game, unless you have the gold for the amount of mana pots you'll need to burn through (you won't). You'll come back broke as a joke otherwise.
Level 15-24
  • Tombs, obviously. Tombs isn't great on foot, the bot spends a lot more run time than fight time, so once you get to this point, drop the max game time to 8 minutes. This way you are constantly running into the thick of it without losing time trying to find every corner of the first tomb, helps speed things up.
Level 24 and on
  • Reroll skills to your preference. I go blizzard, can't beat it imo.
  • Otherwise, you get the point, grab the relevant scripts for quest items, run the bot. For Act 3, if you have the time, keep an eye on it and jump in at the end. Much of the map will be explored, and grabbing the brain, eye, and heart won't be as pain staking. Kill Meph in person.
  • At this point, I set it to Izual, Diablo, in Act 4 and Icy Cellar, Shenk, and Eldritch in Act 5. You'll burn through them all in a run or two. Icy cellar will be closest WP to Ancients, you could run this as long as you want to level. But keep in mind this will be a big gold cost, lots of pots. Might be worth switching to just Shenk and Eldritch for a bit to level up if you need to step away. Otherwise, finish up the act and run Baal to your hearts desire. :)
  • When you feel confident, run NM countess (with tele) for your spirit and insight runes, and Andy for your SoJ if she's ready for her.
Rinse and Repeat!

Pickit

The Pickit2 file picks up most yellows and some early game gold winners (scepters, wands, throwing knives, etc), so helps with gearing up and golding up. It includes some items you may want to turn off once you get some gold, but keep in mind Act 4 will drain you of gold, so might be worth keep those on to sell. It also includes some early game orbs to hold you over until your first 4os sword, although we could probably add more.

Last note, don't focus on MF, resists will keep you moving and you'll get your items soon enough. Resists, resists, resists.

I'm open to other suggestions or recommendations, I'm sure most of you already have your own system. :)

Thanks for reading, and good luck next week!

Attachments

• pickit2.nip
    368.6 KB · Views: 147
  • SorceressFULL(Act_1_to_24)-Copy.lua
    22.9 KB · Views: 160

Izy

thanks for sharing,

it would be awesome if we were able to run it as a script that moves to area x / auto skills at lvl y

im going to give it a try :)