Jiebuddy-auto restart and item tracker

SumDumGoy

Administrator
Staff member
Atm a diff dev is taking over this project but will release more stuff later :)

What is jiebuddy?

Jiebuddy will make your bot little more human.

Features
-Truly random game sessions and break times (Current settings are 1-3hour bot, 8-30min break, 10hour kill timer)
-Alerts for when you find an item or bot is on break
-Alerts people in your discord current game/pass (you can enable this)
-Active heart beat check that will restart bot if it hasnt dont anything in 5mins.
-Hard stop! This means this script will only run bot for 10hours then 100% stop bot/stop script.

Change Log
Code:
1.1.0 beta (SunBlood)
works with latest bot version.

How to get this to work?
#1 Put this in the same folder your bot is in
#2 Right click and click edit on the file and change this to your discord webhook.
$discordWebhook = "Discord URL Hook"
#3 Download this software if you dont have it
After that hit save and your done! Now run jiebuddy and you will now see msgs in your new discord text channel.

1654048987940.png

Attachments

• jiebuddy-1.1.0BETA.au3.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:

klptemp2

this one's honestly really good. basic and gets the job done. i personally dont like the timeout. I was also seemingly unable to disable the timeout by setting it false, so i just increased the timeout very long

Buck

this one's honestly really good. basic and gets the job done. i personally dont like the timeout. I was also seemingly unable to disable the timeout by setting it false, so i just increased the timeout very long
which timeout are you referring to? if you never want it to stop, change line 257 to

Code:
line 257:

Until _DateDiff('s', $BotHardEndTime, _NowCalc()) >= 0

change to

Until 1 = 0
1 will never be 0 and so the loop will continue forever until you kill it.

klptemp2

which timeout are you referring to? if you never want it to stop, change line 257 to

Code:
line 257:

Until _DateDiff('s', $BotHardEndTime, _NowCalc()) >= 0

change to

Until 1 = 0
1 will never be 0 and so the loop will continue forever until you kill it.
might be on a different version. im using jaibuddy-1.0.5.au3 from the old forum

the line is
$TimeoutrestartNeeded = false

i should probably update but it's working fine so dont feel the need to yet :)

as I understand this timeout is checking the logs, if no message in the alloted time then it restarts. but sometimes i pause the bot and do some things manually so it would restart when I didnt want it to.

Buck

Yes, the basis of this script is that it checks the 3 logs files the bot produces for a last message and after 5 minutes, it assumes the bot has stalled.

In previous version of Jieguan "stalling" seemed to be more common and it does still happen. For me, once or twice in a night. If your bot is stalled, it will literally sit there for hours and do nothing. The bot and D2R will still be running but nothing is happening. This was implemented to eliminate that issue. Whether or not stalling is derived because of a bug in the bot or because each computer setup differently is irrelevant and doesn't matter. Bugs (if it is a bug) of such nature are incredibly hard to track down and so sometimes a band-aid fix is all that is needed. This is a band-aid fix with some an added benefit of discord message piped to the channel of your choosing.

I can't think of a reason why you would want to disable this option to be honest on a long run time. When I used this script and needed to pause, I would quicky unpause and pause again before 5 minutes elapsed to get around this features without disabling it. For the most part, the bot is running unattended.

klptemp2

Yes, the basis of this script is that it checks the 3 logs files the bot produces for a last message and after 5 minutes, it assumes the bot has stalled.

In previous version of Jieguan "stalling" seemed to be more common and it does still happen. For me, once or twice in a night. If your bot is stalled, it will literally sit there for hours and do nothing. The bot and D2R will still be running but nothing is happening. This was implemented to eliminate that issue. Whether or not stalling is derived because of a bug in the bot or because each computer setup differently is irrelevant and doesn't matter. Bugs (if it is a bug) of such nature are incredibly hard to track down and so sometimes a band-aid fix is all that is needed. This is a band-aid fix with some an added benefit of discord message piped to the channel of your choosing.

I can't think of a reason why you would want to disable this option to be honest on a long run time. When I used this script and needed to pause, I would quicky unpause and pause again before 5 minutes elapsed to get around this features without disabling it. For the most part, the bot is running unattended.
Often run the bot while working, might press pause on the bot to trade for 5 minutes.

That triggers your timeout and closes the whole d2 process

kyo_fr

erro: windows cannot find jieguan.exe

Attachments

• WeChat8b45fae1ff4c68f890f26b193f73eee2.png
    WeChat8b45fae1ff4c68f890f26b193f73eee2.png
    184 KB · Views: 133

Buck

The paths within the script are not fully qualified and so this script must reside within the jieguar root install folder

SumDumGoy

Administrator
Staff member
ive updated link with new updates listed out :) these updates are from an amazing user who done a lot of work on it.

JaxxJohn

erro: windows cannot find jieguan.exe
Im getting this error aswell, however - its weird.
Im able to start the bot fine through running the .au3 file, but after some time, when the bot crashes (and it does when running it this way for some reason) Then i get that error, that its unable to find it.

SumDumGoy

Administrator
Staff member
I just downloaded last night, loaded up fine so far, and have been toying with it all morning.. im not experiencing any crashes. Do you have the Blockhd mod installed? this is suppose to open up a lot of resources while the bot is running and should reduce the amount of crashing? I have it installed along with a clean install of the Jiebuddy and all seems to be working clean