JieScheduler/Launcher

Buck

Not sure if thats just me,
since update my bot crashes at the end of every run - always after killing Nilathak.

If I let the bot run without the scheduler it runs just fine any ideas?

[2022-05-29 16:06:30] - Stall/crash detected, restarting D2R and bot.
[2022-05-29 16:11:36] - Stall/crash detected, restarting D2R and bot.
[2022-05-29 16:16:41] - Stall/crash detected, but I hit the max return count. Hard stopping all threads.
This app is nothing more than a log monitoring app and an application launcher (jieguan.exe). The text you copied and pasted is simply this application identifying the bot may have stalled, to kill d2 and the bot, and to restart. Does it run ok when launching without this application?

gd2jsp

This app is nothing more than a log monitoring app and an application launcher (jieguan.exe). The text you copied and pasted is simply this application identifying the bot may have stalled, to kill d2 and the bot, and to restart. Does it run ok when launching without this application?
Edit: I Think it had to do with my Virus protection, it seems to run fine now that I have moves the launcher files into the bot folder which is excluded for virus detection

Last edited:

rags27

I actually was having the same issue. I have stopped using it for now and it works fine without the scheduler. For some reason, it is making it crash. I will try again later to see if the issue persists.

Buck

I actually was having the same issue. I have stopped using it for now and it works fine without the scheduler. For some reason, it is making it crash. I will try again later to see if the issue persists.
Crash as far as close down without any message or are you seeing the stalled message within the text boxes? Does it try to restart?

vorian

Amazing tool. Thanks for sharing Buck. These are basic usability features I hope they add to the main program eventually (as you comment on your wiki).

Its_broch

Thanks for this. I will test this out after maintenance today.
I was using jaibuddy and it worked alright for the most part but would randomly lockup/crash my bot.

Edit:
After testing for ~20 mins or so the scheduler seemed to restart the bot every 5 mins. It said D2 was stalled/crashed, even though D2 was working properly (bot was teleporting/not stalled/not crashed each time the scheduler restarted d2r and bot.)

[2022-05-31 01:44] [2022-05-31 13:44:37] - Stall/crash detected, restarting D2R and bot.
[2022-05-31 01:49] [2022-05-31 13:49:42] - Stall/crash detected, restarting D2R and bot.
[2022-05-31 01:54] [2022-05-31 13:54:48] - Stall/crash detected, but I hit the max return count. Hard stopping all threads.

Edit2:
Realtime protection was disabled.
I just added the scheduler folder to my windows defender exclusions and will test again.

Edit3:
Scheduler detected "D2 stall/crash" even though I was running through town.
I am happy to beta test but will stick to my previous method for now.

Thanks for your time and effort put into this. This project seems to have a lot of potential.

Last edited:

SumDumGoy

Administrator
Staff member
have been using your previous jaibuddy lmk if you need testing
ty :) jiebuddy will always be free so please dont confuse what buck is posting with jiebuddy as these are 2 diff projects. I have reposted it on this site.

on topic i wish you well with your new current project :) sad to see you go paid tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZhiPeiD2

Staff member
scheduler detected "D2 stall/crash" even though I was running through town.

maybe need make so it is need detected like 5 second for stall before restarted because some action like changed waypoint is make window think d2r is freeze for 0.1 second

Buck

Thanks for this. I will test this out after maintenance today.
I was using jaibuddy and it worked alright for the most part but would randomly lockup/crash my bot.

Edit:
After testing for ~20 mins or so the scheduler seemed to restart the bot every 5 mins. It said D2 was stalled/crashed, even though D2 was working properly (bot was teleporting/not stalled/not crashed each time the scheduler restarted d2r and bot.)

[2022-05-31 01:44] [2022-05-31 13:44:37] - Stall/crash detected, restarting D2R and bot.
[2022-05-31 01:49] [2022-05-31 13:49:42] - Stall/crash detected, restarting D2R and bot.
[2022-05-31 01:54] [2022-05-31 13:54:48] - Stall/crash detected, but I hit the max return count. Hard stopping all threads.

Edit2:
Realtime protection was disabled.
I just added the scheduler folder to my windows defender exclusions and will test again.

Edit3:
Scheduler detected "D2 stall/crash" even though I was running through town.
I am happy to beta test but will stick to my previous method for now.

Thanks for your time and effort put into this. This project seems to have a lot of potential.

Thanks for the replies and testing. Working on a new version now to hopefully fix a couple things. Note: this app shouldn't require any disabling defender settings

maybe need make so it is need detected like 5 second for stall before restarted because some action like changed waypoint is make window think d2r is freeze for 0.1 second

I think the process is sound but needs error handling at this time (again, nothing earth shattering here, I'm just tailing log files). There is really nothing coded at the moment to save the end users from themselves. For example, if they fail to setup the bot pickit files or they cannot be accessed due to permissions, the applications doesn't alert them of the problem.

I literally just built a new VM with freshly installed Windows 11, download bnet and installed D2R from the bnet launcher, the Jieguan bot, and this launcher from the website within the VM and had zero issues running this. I think some error handling will go a long way with this so I am working on that now.

Once again, thanks all for the feedback, look for an updated version in the coming days.

Buck

ty :) jiebuddy will always be free so please dont confuse what buck is posting with jiebuddy as these are 2 diff projects. I have reposted it on new site.

on topic i wish you well with your new current project :) sad to see you go paid tho.

this will be free and currently is free - with work and family I really don't have time to support a paid model. In time I will upload to github for others to improve on.

Kinda spaghetti coding right now though so I need to clean it up, a bit embarrassing to be honest.

Last edited:

SumDumGoy

Administrator
Staff member
this will be free - with work and family I really don't have time to support a paid model. In time I will upload to github for others to improve on.

Kinda spaghetti coding right now though so I need to clean it up, a bit embarrassing to be honest.
oh buddy i know what you mean lol. I just did that with my mod Q_Q i had so much clean up and fix before public could see it lol. thats not even to mention the last min ideas or thoughts you have before your about to release it so you pause release lol.