[Video] How to use ZhiPei without getting crashes

micovelli

im getting this message now

Game version is mismatch! Please wait for server to update her hack!
[-] Hack start failed!

are we waiting on an update on your end?

bscott0588

So.. I’ve followed the video above to a T multiple times and I am still crashing/freezing after the update.. anyone else experiencing this? I may have to redownload

The Horadric Cube

Administrator
Staff member
So.. I’ve followed the video above to a T multiple times and I am still crashing/freezing after the update.. anyone else experiencing this? I may have to redownload
Did you restart your pc after the update and redownload? Don't reformat of course, does this only happen in terror zones?

bscott0588

so i just retried it. Redownloaded zhipei, loaded key, restarted comp, loaded up D2r in windowed mode (-w in startup script), launch Zhipei during the opening cinematics (opened during the blue blizz screen and then the 2nd frost screen). All seems to load fine, however, when i create a game from the start screen or from the lobby, itll freeze then crash on the connecting to game screen (the one with the doors). I do have the terror zones option selected when creating games.

bscott0588

so i just retried it. Redownloaded zhipei, loaded key, restarted comp, loaded up D2r in windowed mode (-w in startup script), launch Zhipei during the opening cinematics (opened during the blue blizz screen and then the 2nd frost screen). All seems to load fine, however, when i create a game from the start screen or from the lobby, itll freeze then crash on the connecting to game screen (the one with the doors). I do have the terror zones option selected when creating games
Did you restart your pc after the update and redownload? Don't reformat of course, does this only happen in terror zones?
so.. i was doing more testing.. it looks like i dont crash when i disable the TZ zones when creating a game. This will work for now.. but is there anything different i should do when enabling TZ zones? kinda the reason i wanted zhipei in the first place.. to roam the tz zone champ packs. Ty for the support on this!

The Horadric Cube

Administrator
Staff member
so i just retried it. Redownloaded zhipei, loaded key, restarted comp, loaded up D2r in windowed mode (-w in startup script), launch Zhipei during the opening cinematics (opened during the blue blizz screen and then the 2nd frost screen). All seems to load fine, however, when i create a game from the start screen or from the lobby, itll freeze then crash on the connecting to game screen (the one with the doors). I do have the terror zones option selected when creating games.
Try without terror zones enabled.