Question about loading into game

Hello,

So the bot works perfect other than this issue I have sometimes. I don't know what causes it. Here is a screen shot https://prnt.sc/4S84qiq_bmRw

It logins into the account I put the credentials for in the .ini file. Once logged it it selects character then starts game, but freezes in the loading screen. It waits 25 seconds and then tries again. It cant create the game for some reason and then restarts, it does this on a cycle for hours. Other days it creates games no problem.

Does the bot use a different server or something? I can login to the account manually without the bot and create games fine, when I start the bot up on the same account it cant create the game.

I've tried deleting all the files, re-download the bot again with new .bat and .loader files and new .exe. I tried to delete cache, turned off firewall etc. Not sure what is causing this. ( it only happens sometimes where it cant create a game for a few hours then all the sudden it can create games again without me doing anything)

Thoughts?

Thank you

Solution

I rebooted my PC and updated my apps and such. Now I am getting this error, Game Version Mismatch. Maybe that's what the problem is? I will wait until the bot is updated and try again tomorrow or whenever the updated is released.
This error is because you need to update the client. Open up blizzard manually and let the game update. If you have multiple instances, make sure they are all updated. I ran into these because I run two instances and didn't realize I hadn't updated the instance my bot runs on. Bot will enter without updating, so you have to do it manually.

ZhiPeiD2

Staff member
it is look you are click for inside console because im can see white square
if you are do click for inside console it is can make all freeze

I accidently clicked when I was taking the screen shot, it was doing the same thing when I didnt click anything. I start the .exe and dont touch anything it still cant create the game. Its like the old D2 LOD sometime it would fail to create the game. I'm not sure what might cause that

I rebooted my PC and updated my apps and such. Now I am getting this error, Game Version Mismatch. Maybe that's what the problem is? I will wait until the bot is updated and try again tomorrow or whenever the updated is released.

NukePunch

I have a Korean group chat for this AFK bot. and we all have the same issue.
when it starts few of us do have the same issue as you. but it's going away after about 1 ~ 2 hours.
we think it may cause by the bot server. or communication error between bot and d2r.

because it sometimes happens only and 1~2 hours and not all of us. some of us.
we did rebooting the computer, delete the d2r and re-install it, deleted the bot, and re-install it. pretty much everything. and we couldn't find how to fix this problem on our end.

pikkster

This error is because you need to update the client. Open up blizzard manually and let the game update. If you have multiple instances, make sure they are all updated. I ran into these because I run two instances and didn't realize I hadn't updated the instance my bot runs on. Bot will enter without updating, so you have to do it manually.

Solution

pikkster

I have a Korean group chat for this AFK bot. and we all have the same issue.
when it starts few of us do have the same issue as you. but it's going away after about 1 ~ 2 hours.
we think it may cause by the bot server. or communication error between bot and d2r.

because it sometimes happens only and 1~2 hours and not all of us. some of us.
we did rebooting the computer, delete the d2r and re-install it, deleted the bot, and re-install it. pretty much everything. and we couldn't find how to fix this problem on our end.
Glad to hear it wasn't just me, I noticed it happened more when I was running pub games to play the terror zones. I noticed when this happened that bot had restarted after chicken out, and then tried to create the same game that was already open over and over, then I'd manually change the game name and this would occur. I figured it was an odd enough thing to occur that it wasn't likely something that had been tested.

yes this was the first thing I did, I logged in manually and updated. still doing the same thing :/ idk what's wrong

pikkster

yes this was the first thing I did, I logged in manually and updated. still doing the same thing :/ idk what's wrong
That's odd, and you only have the one instance? This was the same error I had yesterday, and updating blizz fixed it. Sorry dawg, i figured you might run two instances at which point it would likely be the second instance that the bot is getting caught on.

pikkster

Hello,

So the bot works perfect other than this issue I have sometimes. I don't know what causes it. Here is a screen shot https://prnt.sc/4S84qiq_bmRw

It logins into the account I put the credentials for in the .ini file. Once logged it it selects character then starts game, but freezes in the loading screen. It waits 25 seconds and then tries again. It cant create the game for some reason and then restarts, it does this on a cycle for hours. Other days it creates games no problem.

Does the bot use a different server or something? I can login to the account manually without the bot and create games fine, when I start the bot up on the same account it cant create the game.

I've tried deleting all the files, re-download the bot again with new .bat and .loader files and new .exe. I tried to delete cache, turned off firewall etc. Not sure what is causing this. ( it only happens sometimes where it cant create a game for a few hours then all the sudden it can create games again without me doing anything)

Thoughts?

Thank you
I'm running into this again today. Not sure the issue, just started happening. Gets to the loading screen, doors don't open, freezes up, times out, and repeats the process.

I have tried updating the game using bnet launcher, i have tried rebooting the computer multiple times. I have tried using a different account in account.ini.

same issue listed above ongoing

MoDw

same issue here.
i was using always same setting. sometimes it crashes for hours when the bot tries to create a game (doors stay closed/Bot freeze-restart) then it run normal without problems again.

already tried a fresh setup - didn´t work/same issue
deleting temps and logs - didnt work/same issue
running script wo terror setup - didnt work/same issue

maybe it´s caused due the changing terror zones?

no idea, i am still having this issue. I have two accounts, when one was doing it where it cant load a game i would manually load a game, then turn on bot and it works, once it leaves and bot tries to create the game happens again where game freezes door dont open. I switch accounts and the other account works fine for abit then that account gets the problem. try to switch back to the other account now they both cant load into games. it makes no sense. I can manually load into games but when ever the bot tries, game freezes

The Horadric Cube

Administrator
Staff member
no idea, i am still having this issue. I have two accounts, when one was doing it where it cant load a game i would manually load a game, then turn on bot and it works, once it leaves and bot tries to create the game happens again where game freezes door dont open. I switch accounts and the other account works fine for abit then that account gets the problem. try to switch back to the other account now they both cant load into games. it makes no sense. I can manually load into games but when ever the bot tries, game freezes
Is it freezing after a relaunch or such? Does deleting the temp folder help fix it?
same issue here.
i was using always same setting. sometimes it crashes for hours when the bot tries to create a game (doors stay closed/Bot freeze-restart) then it run normal without problems again.

already tried a fresh setup - didn´t work/same issue
deleting temps and logs - didnt work/same issue
running script wo terror setup - didnt work/same issue

maybe it´s caused due the changing terror zones?
I see too many bug issues with terror zones, have you tried just disabling the terror zones for now both in game and within the bot by making sure to not add the terror zones option to the bot yet.